University of Missouri - Columbia
August 2008-May 2012
- Bachelor of Journalism, Emphasis in Strategic Communication
- Minor in Business
The biggest takeaway from college was the people I met. From professors to peers, I can truly say I would not be where I am today if it weren't for them.
The advantage of instructors with real-world front-end developer experience made it much easier to learn how to build websites compared to failed attempts in the past to learn online.
Digital Marketing Director - SuretyBonds.com
As is with any small team managing a large website and marketing material, you wear many hats. One week you're creating a new paid search campaign, the next you're helping redesign the homepage. While this working style can be hectic, you tend to learn more than in a siloed position.
- Deploy and manage lead generation campaigns for paid search and remarketing
- Help develop strategies for other lead generation marketing initiatives
- Monitor progress of marketing campaigns and website changes in analytics platforms
Digital Specialist - True Media
July 2012-September 2013
My first job out of college at a small agency in Columbia, Missouri gave me a chance to learn the many different digital mediums. From paid search and SEO, to mobile and real-time bidding, my experience was a great primer in online marketing
- Manage pay-per-click, display (RTB), social, SEO, mobile, and email campaigns for U.S. and Canadian clients
- Create weekly/monthly reports to status meetings with clients
- Reconile invoices for digital buys
Online Marketing Assistant - Veterans United Home Loans
October 2011-July 2012
During my time at VU, I managed Facebook "Like" and lead generation campaigns targeting the military. This was my first endeavour into heavy demographic targeting and A/B testing.
- Generate relevant pay-per-click ads using Facebook demographic and interest data.
- Track and document campaign metrics in Microsoft Excel
- Develop weekly reports summarizing company and competitor analysis
Media Intern - Sporting Kansas City
June 2011-August 2011
Quite possibly the coolest job I've ever had was designing ads and graphics for signage in the new stadium of the MLS team Sporting Kansas City. This summer internship required a creative mind and attention to detail.
- Designed advertising for sponsors using Adobe Creative Suite
- Helped create introductory video for players in Adboe After Effects
- Met weekly deadlines in a productive, organized way